Chicago – Marketing Manager
CONTRACT / CONTRACT-TO-HIRE ROLE
Who We Are
Gate 39 Media is a financial marketing and technology agency based in Chicago, IL. Businesses nationwide approach us to help them establish brand identity, position themselves strategically in the financial marketplace, and conduct ongoing marketing campaigns. In addition to marketing, website design and hosting, we offer an array of proprietary technology solutions such as custom apps and portals. We are fast-paced, results-driven, and constantly-evolving to meet our clients’ needs as they connect with their audiences.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Team to help ideate, manage, and execute a variety of integrated marketing campaigns for clients. In addition to interfacing with clients directly in the planning and execution of new campaigns, this role will review, report on, and optimize existing lead generation campaigns, collaborating closely with internal creative, technical, and executive teams.
Reporting to the CMO, the ideal candidate is a proactive individual, with well-developed critical thinking skills who can process, react to, and solve problems as they arise. The ideal candidate will have deep experience managing integrated marketing campaigns, possess exceptional SEO and lead generation skills, and be able to professionally interface with clients by email, phone, and in person.
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within multiple timelines for both retainer clients and one-off projects
- Outstanding attention to detail, customer service, and time management and ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience executing, measuring, and optimizing all components of inbound marketing, campaigns designed to drive lead generation
- Key driver of SEO and lead generation activities, being able to pitch ideas and tactical strategies to measure, optimize, and increase lead generation results for clients
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to professionally interface with clients to present new ideas and articulate marketing results
- Ability to write content with SEO and messaging at top of mind – emails, calls to action, website content, press releases, social posts, blog posts, etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt to internal task management processes and marketing protocols
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and task management software (such as Asana)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics / AdWords, CRM software (HubSpot, Pardot, Salesforce)
- Experience with WordPress and common marketing and social media platforms
- Experience in a financial services marketing role a major plus
- Operate as a point of contact for multiple agency retainer clients on multiple projects, managing a variety of campaigns for lead generation and brand-building
- Assist CMO with new ideas and tactics to implement new and improve existing lead generation campaigns for a variety of clients
- Work alongside the Digital Marketing Specialist to review and advise on methods of optimizing marketing results for retainer clients and help manage marketing platform activities, campaign assets, drip campaigns, social media campaigns, etc.
- Assist in the keyword strategy and messaging of paid ad campaigns: Google AdWords, LinkedIn, Facebook and keyword analysis, SEO reports, and lead link-building strategies for clients
- Help manage the task load of internal teams and help manage client expectations through the lifecycle of a project by maintaining communication with clients at from the start, to set project timelines, gather client requirements, through completion, delivery, and follow-up
- Participate in internal conversations around project updates and how to improve processes
Education & Experience
- 7+ years’ agency or agency-like experience in a marketing role, digital content management role, or communications role
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or journalism (required)
- Master’s degree preferred
- Work well with multiple, moving, and tight deadlines; Ability to pivot from project-to-project and manage with minimal guidance
- Must be able to communicate project requirements and performance status to management, clients, and other stakeholders involved with projects
- Must be able to pivot from project to project in a deadline-driven agency environment
- Must be professional and personable in addressing clients as well as the internal team
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision and on behalf of others while adding value to the project process
- Creative, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication. Big egos need not apply
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment
- Adaptable and quick learner
- Experience with HTML, WordPress, email marketing software, analytics reporting software, design software (Photoshop) is a plus
- Experience with CMS platforms like WordPress, Infusionsoft, HubSpot, Sitefinity, etc. and social media such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience with PR Web, Hootsuite, Wufoo, YouTube, and keyword reconnaissance software such as SpyFu or SEO Moz
Gate 39 Media operates in a casual but team-oriented open office loft atmosphere in downtown Chicago, located near all public transportation.
This Contract / Contract-to-Hire Role is an on-site role (not a remote role).
Local candidates only, please.