Chicago – Software Solution Architect
Gate 39 Media, a web development and marketing agency specializing in the financial and agricultural services industry, is seeking a Software Solution Architect to engineer the creation of web and mobile applications. Located in Downtown Chicago, you will work in a team atmosphere using the latest tools and technology.
In addition to providing our financial services clients with websites and marketing solutions—we create web applications that help businesses grow. From our own software-as-a-service solutions to custom-built portals and applications, we are recognized for our innovative solutions in the financial industry.
Who We Are Looking For
A Technical Leader
You have a strong background in agile software development and web technologies. You have no ego and no problem diving into code or helping to lead problem-solving efforts within the development process. You will take the technical lead on all software development projects by utilizing your experiences in architecture, development, and deployment of high-volume applications. You will work with teams made up of internal, nearshore, and offshore members by identifying requirements, assessing individual capabilities and creating timelines.
Deep Experience with .NET, Website, Web and Mobile Application Development
Our tech stack includes custom .NET applications, custom WordPress websites, e-commerce applications, and mobile apps including PWAs, and portal applications. You are comfortable working across technology stacks and can “see” beyond the tasks and data to understand the full functionality required for any project.
A successful history of leading development teams
This isn’t your first rodeo. You have established a strong track record of leading productive development teams and creating an environment where people love to do their best work, while having fun doing it. You will mentor internal staff and develop their raw talent into deep, self-sufficient technical expertise.
You will provide technical oversight through all phases of the projects as well as lead technical discussions with clients at various stakeholder levels. You live and breathe web standards, evaluating new technologies, and can adapt standard methodologies to best fit the needs of the team.
You understand the need for organization, processes, and standardized methodologies to create constant improvement. You understand how to meet client requirements and can work with and satisfy various stakeholders’ needs and requirements.
A Great Communicator
As the main point of contact for the development team, you will coordinate directly with management and clients to gather information and organize technical, business and marketing requirements. As a fluent translator between technical and functional concepts, you will communicate between internal and client stakeholders to streamline project development, ensure tasks are properly delegated and completed to meet deadlines, and provide keen quality assurance to ensure that we deliver an exceptional client experience.
You will be an important member of multiple Scrum/Agile teams and will work with our project managers to lead and facilitate within this framework. Your role as the technical lead and expert will be critical to exceed client expectations with the solutions you create. You will describe, discuss, and demonstrate solutions, answer questions regarding software capabilities and requirements, and work well under pressure to resolve issues that arise.
We are seeking a professional and detail-oriented technical leader who can:
- Participate in pre- and post-sales processes such as functional discovery, solution design, proof of concepts, and creation of solution architecture and software
- Be a professional liaison between clients and developers, collecting technical specifications and assets related to web and mobile app projects
- Meticulously oversee operational details and technical aspects of projects, including QA, code review, security review, cross-browser compliance, launch prep, and post-launch support
- Organizational skills and experience with task management software such as Asana, Jira, Rally and Microsoft Azure Boards
- Accurately estimate project needs including human and technical resources, and development timelines
- Assist with scoping potential projects and creating proposals from a technical standpoint
- Assist with team building including hiring and mentoring development team members
- Work in a Scrum/Agile team dynamic participating in standard meetings and collaborating with team members to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to iterative and incremental changes in project objectives
- Direct and lead our growing global development team in the creation of new internal applications and expand our portfolio of agency products
- Understand the importance of security and building secure, compliant applications for the financial industry
- Minimum of 7 years of professional .NET architecture and development experience, including experience leading teams
- Minimum of 7 years of professional WordPress architecture and development experience, including experience leading teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required; additional certifications a plus
- Strong debugging, code inspection, and QA skills
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of .NET, WordPress, Bootstrap, Git, CSS, JS/JQuery, security protocols, plugins, experience implementing custom apps; working with other CMS framework installations such as Joomla, and Drupal—Sitefinity and .NET CMS systems a plus; good understanding of standards such as XML, SQL, various web frameworks; infrastructure knowledge including Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure and other hosting environments; basic understanding of PHP, .NET and other programming languages; working with a variety of APIs to connect disparate systems
- Excellent communication skills are a MUST
- A desire to motivate, and lead a team within a rapidly growing technology and marketing agency
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with data migration and systems integration projects
- Experience building web applications on AWS and Azure
- Experience following a Scrum/Agile software development framework
Company Culture & Benefits
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
THIS FULL-TIME POSITION INCLUDES:
- Medical and dental insurance benefits
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid holidays and personal time off
- Casual work environment
- Supply of soda and snacks, free weekly lunches
- The opportunity to work on diverse projects
The salary range for this position is: $90,000 – $110,000
How to Apply
Interested? Great—let’s get started! Position is currently open for immediate start.
Candidates should email resume and link to portfolio to Cezar Camba at email@example.com
NOTE: NO RECRUITERS. NO AGENCIES. NO OFFSHORE DESIGN/DEVELOPERS.