Chicago – Web Application Development Director (WordPress/LAMP)
Gate 39 Media, a web development and marketing agency specializing in the financial and agricultural services industry, is seeking a WordPress/LAMP Web Development Manager. Located in Downtown Chicago, you’ll work with our fast growing team using the latest web technology.
In addition to providing our financial and agricultural services clients with websites and marketing solutions—we create web applications that help businesses grow. From our own software-as-a-service solutions to custom-built portals and applications, we are recognized for our innovative solutions in the financial industry.
Who We Are Looking For
A technical leader
You’ve got a strong background in software development and web technologies. You are a mentor and a leader diving into code when needed, but ready to lead problem-solving efforts within the development process. You’re experienced in leading, building and motivating in-house and offshore development teams.
Experience with WordPress/ UI/UX Development
Our tech stack includes custom WordPress websites, e-commerce applications, mobile apps, and custom applications. You will oversee the lifecycle, project management, QA, code review, and client communication of web and app projects and will work with management on a variety of technical UI/UX projects. You live and breathe web standards and can adapt standard methodologies to best fit the needs of your team.
A successful history of leading a development team
This isn’t your first rodeo. You’ve established a strong track record of leading a productive development team and creating an environment where people love to do their best work, while having fun doing it.
Not only do you understand the need for organization, processes, and standardized methodologies to create constant improvement; but can also execute on these plans.
We’re seeking a professional, detail-oriented communicator who can:
- Be a professional liaison between clients and development, collecting technical specifications and assets related to web and app projects.
- Meticulously oversee operational details and start-to-finish project management processes, including QA, code review, security review, cross-browser compliance, launch prep, and support requests
- Organization skills and experience with task management software such as Asana
- Project planning skills – including timeline creation, resource allocation, project estimating, creation of project specifications from business rules for developers, testing and launch
- Provide oversight to improve and document internal development processes and stay up to date on industry best practices and development trends
- Process planning and implementation
- Managerial skills to lead, mentor and teach developers
- Ensure projects are completed on time and accurate
- Help direct and lead our growing development team in the creation of new internal applications and expand our portfolio of agency projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional WordPress development experience, including experience managing teams.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree REQUIRED; additional certifications a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are a MUST.
- Strong debugging, code inspection, and QA skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WordPress, Bootstrap, Git, CSS, JS/JQuery, security protocols, plugins, experience implementing custom apps; working knowledge of other CMS framework installations such as Joomla, and Drupal; good understanding of standards such as XML, SQL, various web frameworks; infrastructure knowledge including Amazon AWS and other hosting environments; and PHP programming languages among others.
- A desire to learn, motivate, and cultivate a team within a rapidly growing technology and marketing agency.
Company Culture & Benefits
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
This full-time position, located in Chicago includes:
- Medical and dental insurance benefits
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid holidays
- Casual work environment
- Supply of soda and snacks, free weekly lunch
- Salary range: $100,000-$115,000 + Performance Bonus
How to Apply
Interested? Great—let’s get started! This position is currently open for immediate start. Interested candidates, please email your resume to usat [email protected] along with your portfolio and links to your website examples.
NOTE: NO RECRUITERS. NO AGENCIES. NO OFFSHORE DESIGN/DEVELOPERS.