Chicago – WordPress / LAMP Web Development Manager
Gate 39 Media, a web development and marketing agency specializing in the financial and agricultural services industry, is seeking a WordPress/LAMP Web Development Manager. Located in Downtown Chicago, you’ll work in a team atmosphere using the latest web technology.
In addition to providing our financial services clients with websites and marketing solutions—we create web applications that help businesses grow. From our own software-as-a-service solutions to custom-built portals and applications, we are recognized for our innovative solutions in the financial industry.
Who We Are Looking For
A great communicator
As the main point of contact for the agency development team, you’ll coordinate directly with management and clients to collect and organize technical, business and marketing requirements. As a fluent translator between tech and non-tech, you’ll communicate between internal and client teams to streamline project development, ensure tasks are delegated and completed to meet deadlines, and provide keen quality assurance oversight to ensure that we deliver an exceptional client experience.
A technical leader
You’ve got a strong background in software development and web technologies. You have no ego and no problem diving into code when needed, but also help lead problem-solving efforts within the development process. You can effectively lead technical discussions, help diplomatically resolve technical disagreements, and can effectively present and evaluate development trade-offs.You’re experienced in leading both in-house and offshore development teams.
Experience with WordPress/ UI/UX Development
Our tech stack includes custom WordPress websites, e-commerce applications, and custom.Net applications. You will oversee the lifecycle, project management, QA, code review, and client communication of web and app projects and will work with management on a variety of technical UI/UX projects. You live and breathe web standards and can adapt standard methodologies to best fit the needs of your team.
A successful history of leading a development team
This isn’t your first rodeo. You’ve established a strong track record of leading a productive development team and creating an environment where people love to do their best work, while having fun doing it. You understand how to motivate, develop, and promote technical experts.
You understand the need for organization, processes, and standardized methodologies to create constant improvement. You understand how to meet client requirements and can work with and satisfy various stake holders’ needs and requirements.
We’re seeking a professional, detail-oriented communicator who can:
- Be a professional liaison between clients and development, collecting technical specifications and assets related to web and app projects.
- Meticulously oversee operational details and start-to-finish project management processes, including QA, code review, security review, cross-browser compliance, launch prep, and support requests
- Extreme organization skills and experience with task management software such as Asana or Basecamp
- Provide oversight to improve and document internal development processes and stay up to date on industry best practices and development trends
- Set and follow timelines, implement milestones, and assign tasks to meet deadlines
- Help direct and lead our growing development team in the creation of new internal applications and expand our portfolio of agency projects.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional WordPress/web development experience, including experience managing teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required; additional certifications a plus
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree REQUIRED. No exceptions.
- Strong debugging, code inspection, and QA skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of WordPress, Bootstrap, Git, CSS, JS/JQuery, security protocols, plugins, experience implementing custom apps; working with other CMS framework installations such as Joomla, and Drupal; good understanding of standards such as XML, SQL, various web frameworks; infrastructure knowledge including Amazon AWS and other hosting environments; and PHP programming languages among others
- Excellent communication skills are a MUST
- A desire to learn, motivate, and cultivate a team within a rapidly growing technology and marketing agency
Company Culture & Benefits
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
This full-time position, located in Chicago includes:
- Medical and dental insurance benefits
- Paid holidays
- Casual work environment
- Supply of soda and snacks, free weekly lunch
- Work on diverse projects
- Competitive salary
How to Apply
Interested? Great—let’s get started! This position is currently open for immediate start. Interested candidates, please email your resume to Shane Stiles at [email protected] along with your portfolio and links to your website examples.
NOTE: NO RECRUITERS. NO AGENCIES. NO OFFSHORE DESIGN/DEVELOPERS.