Chicago WordPress Web Developer
Gate 39 Media, a web development and marketing agency specializing in the futures and financial industry, is seeking a Full-Time WordPress Web Developer. Located in Downtown Chicago, you’ll work in a team atmosphere using the latest web technology.
In addition to providing our financial services clients with websites and marketing solutions—we create web applications that help businesses grow. From our own software-as-a-service solutions to custom-built portals and applications, we are recognized for our innovative solutions in the financial industry.
What You’ll Do
Work with our design and marketing teams, and fellow developers, to create and maintain web sites, web applications and marketing campaigns.
Using our base framework and code libraries for developing websites you’ll be able to quickly create websites using our web standards. Additionally we’ll be looking for your input to help you define our development process for both standard and mobile websites.
The work involves exposure to the latest technologies, online marketing methods, and tools. You’ll be working full-circle in online marketing campaigns including website, mobile, web application front-end development and campaign-based lead generation development.
Skills and Experience
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS and J-Query and cross-browser compliance
- Strong knowledge of WordPress including WordPress frameworks
- Ability to extend and customize WordPress functionality
- Development experience with WordPress in a LAMP environment
- Responsive coding techniques and libraries
- Ability to write code in PHP to extend WordPress functionality
- Photoshop slicing
- Miscellaneous coding for various applications (social media, email marketing, CRM, etc)
- Agency experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of professional WordPress development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred; additional certifications a plus
You’re also accurate, organized, and able to work at a rapid pace and communicate with co-workers and clients. All developers provide occasional direct client support.
Benefits and Salary
This full-time position includes:
- Medical and dental insurance benefits
- Paid holidays
- Casual work environment–jeans and headphones encouraged
- Supply of soda and snacks, free weekly lunch
- Work on diverse projects
The salary range for this position is: $55,000-60,000
How to Apply
Interested? Great—let’s get started! Position is currently open for immediate start. Candidates should email resume to Shane Stiles at [email protected] along with portfolio and links to website examples.
NOTE: NO RECRUITERS. NO AGENCIES. NO OFFSHORE DESIGN/DEVELOPERS.