Junior Graphic Designer
Who We Are
Gate 39 Media is a financial marketing and technology agency based in Chicago, IL.
Businesses nationwide approach us to help them establish brand identity, position themselves strategically in the financial marketplace, and conduct ongoing marketing campaigns. In addition to website design and hosting, we offer an array of proprietary technology solutions and retainer marketing services.
We are growing fast which means there will be opportunities for you to grow and expand your current skills and responsibilities. Your growth is only limited by your abilities you bring to the team. We are fast-paced, results-driven, and constantly evolving to meet our clients’ needs as they connect with their audiences. Gate 39 Media offers competitive compensation and benefits, a collaborative growing team environment, Wednesday lunches, and (remote working for now) – a loft office location set in downtown Chicago.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Reporting to the Lead Designer, our collaborative team is seeking a contract-to-hire junior graphic designer to design websites, corporate identities, digital marketing campaign assets, display ads, UX/UI interfaces, and innovative user-interfaces utilizing data.
You’ll be working directly with clients and our marketing and development specialists to bring our clients’ visions to life and help them grow their business. Our software-as-a-service products offer unique opportunities for UX/UI development including developing for mobile.
- Solid concept of conceptual development and layout skills, typography, color theory, and versatility in style
- Experience working in a commercial software environment or agency preferred
- Experience creating high-level designs within the confines of Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- An understanding of information architecture, usability, and the role of content in design
- Ability to deliver creative design solutions within the constraints of time and budget
- Expert use of Adobe XD (or comparable software), Photoshop, Illustrator, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic grasp of HTML, CSS compliance, and mobile-friendly design
- Grasp of marketing techniques and the ability to identify important concepts and elements
- Identify new industry trends and best practices and identify when and where they can be applied to projects to benefit our clients
- Ability to effectively describe and present design ideas and recommendations to clients, partners, and team members
- Ability to speak and work with clients directly
- Ability to conceive, design and present project solutions as prototypes/displays/mockups/etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and highly organized
- Ability to work seamlessly in a team development environment with team members (marketing and development) to deliver high-quality final products. Candidate will prepare and update design assets for multiple internal teams, including our development and media production teams.
- Self-starter, adaptive with a desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving, dynamic environment
- The creativity to look at every design challenge as an opportunity to benefit the client and provide solutions for problems they might not have known existed
- Create compelling interactive graphic designs and visual marketing solutions, including websites, mobile websites, display ads, online applications, data visualizations and email marketing assets
- Branding and identity creation and related materials including logo, letterhead, business cards, and presentations
- Creation of occasional print materials and coordination of print-ready files
- See design projects through from concept to production
- Manage and prioritize projects to deliver a high-quality product and service
- Take direction from and collaborate with Lead Designer and other design resources
Required: Minimum 2-years’ experience in a professional website/graphic design role.
- Agency experience is a big plus
- Knowledge of the agriculture and/or financial industries is a big plus
- Familiarity with Adobe After Effects and/or designed for video and animation
- Experience in social and/or mobile app design
- Design and UI/UX skills around data visualization
- Familiarity with CMS platforms like WordPress, Sitefinity, etc. and social media such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, Bootstrap, J-Query or other web development languages
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, and are committed to working as part of a team to build great solutions for our clients. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
This Contract-to-Hire Position Includes:
- Casual work environment
- Supply of drinks and snacks, free weekly lunch (in office)
- Work on diverse projects
- Opportunity to grow in an exciting agency
The hourly range for this position is: $17 – $22
Gate 39 Media is located in Downtown Chicago near all public transportation. For more information on Gate 39 Media, visit our website at: www.gate39media.com
How to Apply
Position is currently open for immediate start. Candidates should email their resume, LinkedIn profile and link to online portfolio with current design work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org . Upon request for an interview be prepared to submit at least three professional references.