Shifting Financial Marketing into Gear
5 Top Tips to Target Your Niche Better with Video
“The Riches are in the Niches”, it’s still true. When you specialize in a narrow niche, it opens up broad opportunities for you. There is so much abundance in the world, and paradoxically the best way to gain a wide open field of opportunity is to go deep into one narrow area and become a rock star expert in that specialty.
When you focus on a niche, it makes everything easier.
- You’ll attract and capture clients more easily because you’re perceived as an expert.
- You’ll know where to find your Ideal Client to market to them more effectively.
- And you’ll become world-class in your level of service because you’re focused on one thing that you do extraordinarily well.
Here are 5 ways to make your marketing to your niche specialty irresistible using the most effective marketing tool available today: video.
- Get custom videos that are laser focused on your niche. When you demonstrate your expertise in your niche with video content, you show your prospects and clients that you are truly an authority and an expert, to the point that you have your own video series about your specialty!
- Make sure your videos are short and sweet. The ideal length for marketing videos is 1-2 minutes, so don’t make the mistake of believing that people will give you their time in our rushed world. Keep your marketing succinct. You’ll find that you’ll be a better communicator when you force yourself to be brief.
- Educate, Don’t Sell. The new direction of marketing is “Content Marketing”, which means that you provide valuable educational content about your niche to attract your ideal client. When you demonstrate your expertise through your digital marketing, you’ll build good will and be seen as a valuable resource for the financial questions your prospects and clients are asking themselves.
- Feature a mix of “talking head” and animated videos. These two styles of videos bring very different advantages. “Talking head” videos help people feel like they know you personally, which helps them like and trust you, and makes them more likely to become your client. Animated videos are usually more entertaining and engaging than talking head videos, which keeps your audience watching longer. The visual aspect of animation helps make complex concepts simple, which is a perfect fit for conveying complicated financial information.
- Leverage your video content on multiple digital platforms. Video is like a super tool that makes every other digital marketing strategy more effective. Post your videos on your website, your blog, your social media, and in your email newsletter to get maximum return on investment.
Jill Addison is the Founder and President of FA Client Machine, a digital media company specializing in helping financial advisors automate your marketing, stand out with educational and entertaining videos, and engage prospects and clients with your digital presence.