Shifting Financial Marketing into Gear
How to Onboard Employees and Customers Using HubSpot Service Hub
HubSpot released their Service Hub in 2017. The purpose of Service Hub was to give HubSpot users the ability to handle their clients’ customer service needs using tools like a ticket pipeline, knowledge base, and support email inbox.
Since the release of Service Hub, we have found several alternative uses for its tools. The most popular alternative use has been using the ticket pipeline and automation tools to onboard new employees or new clients.
In this post, we outline how to use HubSpot Service Hub for onboarding. Note, you will need Service Hub Pro and/or Sales Hub Pro to take advantage of all the key features.
HubSpot Tools/Features You Need Access To:
- Ticket Pipeline
- Custom Ticket Properties
- Ticket Automation
Step 1: Use Ticket Stages for Your Onboarding Steps
- Translate each step in your employee or customer onboarding process into a stage of the ticket pipeline.
- As employees or customers accomplish tasks in the stage, your onboarding specialist can move them down the ticket pipeline until they have completed each stage.
Step 2: Create Custom Ticket Properties to Track Critical Onboarding Details
- Create custom properties that are needed to track your onboarding process. This could include creating a “Start Date” property or an “Annual Review” date.
- Use these custom properties in reporting to track access a 50,000ft view of your onboarding process.
Step 3: Build Ticket Automations and Workflows to Keep Things Moving
- Much of your onboarding process can be automated using HubSpot workflows and integrations. For example, you may want to create a workflow that automatically creates tasks for a specific team as soon as a ticket enters a specific onboarding stage.
- Automated emails can also be sent to clients and new employees as they complete stages, letting them know what to expect next.
Step 4: Integrate HubSpot with Your Onboarding Tools
- HubSpot integrates with hundreds of providers, which can increase your onboarding efficiency.
- A favorite integration of ours is PandaDoc. During the onboarding process, you can turn all your paper-based contracts and proposals into digital assets. As clients or employees complete these documents, HubSpot will update the status. These status changes can be used to move onboarding tickets to the next stage.
Step #5: Create Insightful Reporting
- Once your onboarding pipeline is set up with its custom stages and properties, you can start to build reporting, many of which come out of the box with HubSpot and many that you may customize for your organization’s needs.
- Try setting up reports that show you where most of your new employees or customers are at in onboarding, which stages they tend to get stuck in, and how quickly onboarding specialists respond to task completion.
And that’s it! We hope this article provided you with some helpful ideas on how you can use HubSpot’s Service Hub to onboard new customers or employees.
Have questions about how HubSpot can integrate with your current systems? Need help elevating business communication efficiency and sales pipeline deal flow?
Connect with Gate 39 Media today!
BE SURE TO CHECK BACK AND FOLLOW GATE 39 MEDIA’S #WORKINGREMOTELY SERIES
You may also be interested in: