Shifting Financial Marketing into Gear
HubSpot Inbound 2022; The Age of the Connected Customer
Post-pandemic gatherings have been a refreshing change of pace and a bit of “back to normal” as we head into Fall. This year’s HubSpot Inbound 2022 was a welcome sea of friendly faces, colleagues, old friends, and exciting innovations. This year represented the perfect chance to recalibrate, reconnect, and get a sneak peek at what’s in store for 2023 and beyond as we collectively try to shake off the challenges of the past two years and regain collective and individual momentum.
Here are some key insights from our time at HubSpot Inbound.
HubSpot Inbound 2022 Insight #1:
The business landscape we’ve come to know has shifted dramatically, and the strategies we previously relied on to establish connectivity with clients aren’t working as well as they used to. As a result, returns and metrics have shifted too, and achieving ROI and revenue growth has become challenging.
We’re in a crisis of disconnection — between a global pandemic that has shifted how we live and work, changes to how we track customer engagement, and a growing tech stack of point solutions — we’ve never been more disconnected from each other, from our customers, and our data.
“The flywheel seems to be frozen, but why? This question keeps me up at night,” said Yamini Rangan, CEO of HubSpot. Helping businesses scale and grow is the core mission at HubSpot. So, driven by an unshakeable resolve to figure out what’s hindering growth, the staff at HubSpot went on a “listening tour” to find out how to solve this crisis.
The universal theme of ” disconnection ” emerged out of hundreds of conversations with customers: “Companies are struggling with disconnected systems, disconnected people, and disconnected customers,” explained Rangan. “We’re in a new era of growth: the age of the connected customer.” The solutions that worked in the past won’t work anymore. What matters now is building deep connections with customers.
HubSpot conducted a survey and discovered that the #1 paint point businesses faced was disconnected systems. The pandemic caused a surge in software buying for every team and department, resulting in the average company owning 242 SaaS tools. However, very few are connected or communicate with each other resulting in siloed systems that don’t offer holistic insight into customer behaviors.
This is where HubSpot has the power to unify systems with powerful software integration:
- Connected Applications: The 5 Hubs (Marketing, Sales, Service, CMS, and Operations) give all teams a 360-degree view of the customer’s entire sales journey.
- Connected Platform: All hubs share connected data on a customizable platform offering unprecedented customer insights.
HubSpot Inbound 2022 Insight #2:
HubSpot unveiled some significant new product updates to help your businesses better connect with customers so that you can navigate this crisis of disconnection. Reconnect with your customers by understanding how they interact with your brand and build authentic relationships by leveraging unique customer insights. Here are some of our favorites:
- WhatsApp Integration (in beta): Teams will soon be able to connect a WhatsApp business account as a messaging channel in HubSpot and communicate with prospects and customers on the channel they prefer.
- Enhanced Ad Conversion Events: HubSpot and Google have teamed up to build an integration with Google’s enhanced conversions (EC) for the web, helping you adapt to platform changes impacting the ads ecosystem.
- Customer Journey Analytics (in beta): With customer journey analytics, marketers will have the ability to visualize their customers’ entire end-to-end journey and get deeper insights into how to optimize the moments that matter most.
- Data quality and management improvements: HubSpot announced a list of enhancements and features that’ll help you stop insufficient data before it starts, enforce consistency across data, and visualize your data structure so that you can evolve your CRM effortlessly as your business changes.
This only scratches the surface. Get the full rundown of updates here.
HubSpot Inbound 2022 Insight #3:
HubSpot’s CRM Platform is getting more connected with B2B eCommerce to help you meet customers’ rising expectations. For example, with improvements to HubSpot Payments, you can get paid quickly for all the ways you sell and get paid faster, whether touchless on your website or streamlining your rep’s quote-to-cash process. The best part? All of your commerce data can live within your CRM.
Trust Radius discovered that the majority of B2B tech buyers (60%) were millennials with an expectation of touchless experiences and self-serve options throughout the buying experience. Tools that HubSpot’s CRM quickly offers its users.
With automated sales enablement tools, businesses can offer their customers streamlined, quality buying experiences without the need for a sales staff to put buyers in the driver’s seat.
Gate 39 Media is here to help you strengthen your financial marketing strategy; Contact Us and let’s get started!
You may also be interested in:
- HubSpot Reporting
- 2021: The Year HubSpot Became the #1 CRM for Scaling Businesses
- How HubSpot Can Support a Financial Firm’s Standardized Sales Process
- Improving the Sales & Marketing Pipeline – The 6 HubSpot Audits You May Not Know About
- How HubSpot’s Contact Record History Delivers Insight That Empowers Businesses to Sell More Effectively